Taxidermy is a brand of Converse, bags, and jackets made up of python skin. I recently got to have the amazing opportunity to interview the founder and designer of it Amy Driggers.
- What inspired you? “I just got tired of the same bag that everyone had so I decided to make one big black bag. After that very slowly people started stopping me and asking about the bag.”
- Was it hard to start? “It was fun but yes, it was hard. It was hard to find the right people and factories to work with, but once I got going I got the hang of it.”
- When you first started did you ever want to give up? “It was challenging but I definitely had those moments, but I loved what I was doing.
- Do you have any advice for young designers? “Start small and slowly and make what you love. If you have a passion for something it will sell with you talking about it and being involved with it will make others want it.”
- How do you feel about the Kardashians and Beyonce wearing your stuff? “It is still so amazing to think about that I only have been around for about two years and to have people that famous wearing my stuff I almost fell out of my chair.”
- How do you feel about being here at CHFW? “Its exciting. I just moved here and I had a show here last night which was fun. There was many incredible and talented people.”
- With your husband having his own company do you think y’all will ever work together? “He has his own motorcycle apparel brand so I ask him for advice. But maybe sometime in the future we will work together we just have to find the right product.”
- I know that you put snakeskin on Converse, where did you get that thought? ” I was thinking about it for a while and then I found the right person to do it and did it.”
here is the link to her website where you can shop her products shop taxidermy